July 23, 2008

Blog Business

This blog business baffles me.

Our side bar is gone and I don't know where it is.

And, again I hit the, "what's interesting aside from Africa" wall...

I got to spend a beautiful weekend in Ruidoso with a friend- talking way too late and relaxing. It made me sad that there are no tress/hills/shady trails to even so much as walk on in West Texas. Complaining much? Yes. Sorry.

I read on someone's blog what you love about where you live. So... maybe I will write briefly about what I love and have loved about where I live and have lived. You know, to be positive and all.

I love west Texas sunsets and thunderstorms. I love being able to stand and see the horizon capped around you like an all encompassing bowl. I love well meaning and kind hearted people, trying to live honestly and love.

In Kaabong I loved weaver birds, locusts in the evening, and sunsets that make you forget your woes. I loved smiling children and covert giggles. I loved being reminded everyday of the fragility of life and the time to sit and reflect on it.

In Prague I loved history at every turn, public transportation to never be rivaled, and parks with tripping brooks and cliffs embedded in a beautiful city.

What do you love about your home?

(by the way- my camera is on the blitz- hence no pics lately.)

2 comments:

Merissa said...

I like living at the ocean because it is and always has been a beautiful reminder to me of God's vast love!

John Divito said...

John might be able to help you. Hope all is well (besides your blog)!

John's wife

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...