May 14, 2008

To Kaabong or not Kaabong?

Lubbock sunset...
Kaabong sunset from our fence at the compound...

I just read someone's blog who's returning home from a very different land. They commented on how boring their blog would be without all of the interesting stories from their adopted land. This is how I feel hands down. What can I write? I read some friends blogs and am utterly fascinated with what they're canning, cooking or doing. But for our own blog... I feel a distinct "lack". What do I write about when we're in the states looking for a home and a car? It seems very unimportant and most of all uninteresting. Any ideas?? What do you like to hear?

Things are so different than Kaabong. So different that I can't even begin to comprehend. My mind is going to take along time to readjust. I was in a school interview and I was asked about what technology I use in the classroom.. all I could picture was Lomusian, and little Yeya and Lojikan with big ratty shirts and no shorts, no pencils, no paper on dirt floors... It's odd. It's not something you can just 'forget'. And to top it off- I couldn't recall what technology I used in Prague.. All I could picture was Lojikan...

I was searching for a shot of Kampala the other day and somehow found the picture of a nilote (I assume a Karamojong- though could be any nilote- Turkana? Massai?). In such a short span of time our view has drastically changed. Then Jacob's parents wrote and said that as they're babysitting Daisy something interesting happened- a goat appeared on their front porch and won't go away! Maybe Daisy attracts them?? So for Daisy the view hasn't changed that much...

My friends who are in Kaabong or about to head back up- we won't be forgetting you.
From our sunset to yours...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...